Today's recipe is very nutritious n protein packed recipe. This rice looks like a biryani/pulao but it takes only 20 minutes to prepare this yummy n healthy rice. Here I made this masala rice with Par- boiled rice. Par- boiled rice is good for health than polished rice. You can make it with any rice like basmathi rice.I think It is a ideal lunch box recipe. Please follow the benefits of tofu below.............
Soya is also cholesterol free and low in saturated fat, with no trans fat. It contains fiber and is a good source of calcium, iron, magnesium, and some B vitamins. It also contains linolenic acid, which is a polyunsaturated omega-3 fatty acid, which helps maintain a healthy heart. The main health benefits of tofu will show up in significantly lower total cholesterol, triglycerides, lowers the risk of cancer and low-density lipoprotein (bad cholesterol) for you if you eat tofu regularly instead of meat.
Of course, too much of anything is never good for you, and that includes tofu. Despite its manyhealth benefits, consuming too much tofu, or any soy product, can have some negative effects.
Eating tofu, or any other soy product, in moderation is key and incorporating this super food into your diet can have amazing benefits for your health.
I started replacing paneer with Tofu. I hope you like it too...........Happy Cooking.........
Tofu - 1/2 cup or more (cubed)
Coriander leaves, finely chopped - 1 cup
Rice - 1 cup
Water - 2 cups
Jeera - 1/2 tsp
Shah jeera - 1/2 tsp
fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp
cloves - 4
cinnamon - 1/2 inch piece
Bay leaf - 1
Ginger - garlic paste - 1tsp
Green chilli paste - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1 pinch
Garam masala p;owder - 1 tbsp
Dhaniyam- jeera powder - 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Ghee - 2 tbsp
Method of Preparations:
- Heat ghee in a large pan, add jeera, shah jeera, fennel, cinnamon, cloves and bay leaf and saute well.
- Add ginger garlic paste and green chilli paste and saute for a minute.
- Add turmeric powder, garam masala powder, dhaniya jeera powder and salt and mix properly.
- Add tofu and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add coriander leaves and saute for a while.
- Add rice and mix well and pour sufficient water. Cover and cook until done.
- Mix every thing well and turn off the heat.
- Now yummy and healthy coriander tofu masala rice is ready to eat with any raitha.