Capsicum, a pepper plant native to Mexico and Central America, has been used for centuries in folk medicine. Medical annals, including the New England Journal of Medicine, have documented capsicum throughout history for having many medicinal uses.
Digestion :People have used capsicum to treat symptoms of dyspepsia, which is slow digestion. The pepper also aids in peristalsis, which is the action that moves digested food through the intestines
Circulatory :Capsicum works quickly to cause the blood to flow faster, which helps other herbs taken with it to reach their destinations faster and work better.
Arthritis Pain:The extract, capsaicin, comes from capsicum. This is the ingredient used in many arthritis creams and ointments to relieve joint pain.
Blood Effects: Capsicum not only acts as a clot buster in heart attack cases, but it also acts to aid in the coagulation, or clotting of blood, when someone is bleeding freely.
Bell peppers have been used as medicine earlier and today it is one of the most popular vegetable in the world. The kind of color and texture provided by bell pepper is amazing as it adds a unique dimension to any dish. Bell peppers weighing hundred grams display the following nutrients:
• Calories: 21
• Protein: 0.9 g
• Magnesium: 9.7 mg
• Carbohydrate: 5 g
• Iron: 0.4 mg
• Riboflavin: 0.03 mg
• Fat: 0.2 g
• Potassium: 175.3 mg
• Calcium: 10.3 mg
• Sugars: 2.5 g
• Zinc: 0.2 mg
• Fiber: 1.8 g
• Vitamin C: 81 mg
• Phosphorus: 19.5 mg
- To have a blemish free skin, bell pepper can be consumed.
- If you have contracted any infection then it can be cured by having bell peppers.
- Bell pepper helps to improve the eye sight.
- Eating bell pepper will help to enhance the functioning of the digestive system.
- The health of the heart is improved if bell peppers are consumed as it helps to decrease the blood pressure.
- Generally the tissues get damaged due to the presence of the free radicals but this problem can be solved by consuming bell peppers as it has antioxidants in it.
Consuming excessive amount of bell peppers can cause an upset stomach as it contains laxatives.