Nutritional Value in Carrots:
Carrot comprises of the following nutrients, which are very good for the body.
- Beta carotene (converted into Vitamin A by the body).
- Vitamin K, Vitamin C, Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol) and Vitamin B (Thiamin, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Niacin).
- Minerals like Potassium and Manganese
- Sodium, Fluoride and Phosphorus
- Iron, Zinc and Copper
- Selenium and Calcium
- Carbohydrates and Protein
- Biotin and Thiamine
Health Benefits of Carrots:
- Carrot provides complete nutrition to the body. 100 grams of carrot comprises of 7.6g carbohydrate, 0.6g protein, 0.3g fat, 30mg calcium and 0.6 mg iron. Apart from that, carrots are also a good source of fiber, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin K, biotin, potassium and thiamine.
- Carrots have been known to be very good for the health of spleen and stomach.
- Carrot is believed to help in treating impotence (lower sexual drive), sexual dysfunction, night blindness, long term cough, gas and cold.
- Researches have suggested that carrot might lead to diminished risk of heart disease and many types of cancer.
- Potash succinate, a nutrient found in carrot, is said to have anti hypertensive drug properties, making it useful for those suffering from high blood pressure.
- Carrot juice provides a lot of energy to the body. In the raw form, the vegetable is believed to have antiseptic properties.
- Carrot contains beta-carotene, which has been found to be very beneficial for the eyes.
- Carrots are very good for healthy skin, hair and bones. At the same time, they also cleanse the body.
- Fresh carrot juice helps an individual gain relief from stress and fatigue and makes him feel energized.
- Carrot soup is a very popular home remedy for diarrhea.
- Carrots can enhance the quality of breast milk.
- Carrot juice is known to prevent numerous infections and is said to be good for the adrenal glands.
- Carrot can help increase menstrual flow and is very good for those suffering from diabetes.