Wheat flour - 1cup
Grated coconut - 1/4 cup
Milk -1/3 to 1/2 cup
oil -2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Method of preparation:
- Combine flour,grated coconut and salt in a mixing bowl to make the dough. Slowly pour in milk, mixing it with the flour until it becomes soft dough. Transfer dough onto a clean surface and knead for five minutes until it is smooth.
- Form the roti. Once the dough can be easily manipulated, roll six small portions of dough into balls. Lightly flour your cooking surface, roll the balls around in the flour and flatten them into pancakes.
- Lightly grease and heat the griddle over a medium fire. place roti in the preheated pan.
- Roast the roti on both sides by applying oil.
- Store cooked roti in plastic containers lined with paper towels.
- Serve the roti with curry or raitha.