Pumpkin (small size) - 1Curry leaves - 2 tbsp
jeera - 1 tsp
Chana dal - 1 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Lime juice - 1 tbsp
Ginger slices - 2 tsp
Green chilly -2
Saseme seeds - 2 tbsp
grated coconut - 2 tbsp
Asafoetida - pinch
Mustard powder - 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Method of preparation:
- Cut the pumpkin into small cubes.Half boil the pumpkin cubes in water.
- Drain the water and keep them aside.
- Grind all the ingredients listed under grind together to fine paste by using required water.
- Heat oil in pan add mustard seeds, When the seeds start popping, add jeera,Chana dal, green chili slices and curry leaves and saute for 1 minutes.
- Add half boiled pumpkin cubes and let them cook completely.
- Finally add above prepared paste and mix well and saute for only one minute is enough and switch off the stove.
- Add lemon juice and mix properly.
- Now tasty pumpkin curry is ready to eat with hot rice.