This is a kerala recipe. I got it from my friend. One day I went to my friend’s house for Lunch. They are from Kerala. They made every recipe with coconut, coconut fry, coconut dal, and coconut sambar and coconut chutney. First time I saw this type of food. Each and every item was good but dal is somewhat different to me. Now I am sharing with u .Hope you like it…….
Moong dal – 1 cup
Tomatoes – 1
Green chilly paste -1 tsp
Ginger-garlic paste -1 tsp
Coconut paste – ½ cup
Turmeric powder – 1tsp
Asafoetida – 1pinch
Curry leaves – few
Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
Oil – 2tbsp
Salt to taste
Method of preparation:
1. Pressure cook the dal with a pinch of turmeric and asafoetida after rinsing thoroughly.
2. Heat some oil in a pan. Pop the mustard seeds, jeera and curry leaves.
3. Add green chilli paste, ginger-garlic paste and tomato slices sauté until tomatoes turns into soft.
4. Add freshly prepared coconut paste and stir well.
5. Add boiled moong dal and stir properly. Cover and cook it for 3 minutes.
6. Finally add salt and coriander leaves and stir well.
7. Now tasty dal is ready to eat with hot rice along with ghee.