Urad dal – 1 cup
Idly ravva – 2 ½ cups
Carrot paste – 2 tbsp
Beet root paste – 2 tbsp
Coriander leaves paste – 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder – 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Method of preparation:
- Soak urad dal in just enough water overnight or for at least 4 to 6 hours.
- Grind the dal into silky smooth batter. To get the medium tight consistency add required water while grinding.
- Remove the batter in a vessel. Add rice ravva and mix thoroughly without any lumps. Add salt and mix well.
- Divide the batter into five parts and add Carrot paste, beetroot paste, coriander leaves paste and turmeric powder to each part of the batter and mix well.
- Put the batter on idly tray and steam the idly for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Serve tasty& healthy idly along with ghee and any chutney