Thursday, October 6, 2011

Stuffed Masala Dosa



This is also one of my recent recipes. Usually masala is applied on dosa and fold it that is masala dosa. But here my masala dosa is somewhat different. Here I use  gujiya, samosa and kachori moulds to make masala dosa. First time I served to my friends. Really they enjoyed a lot. It is very easy to eat. Here I also made dosa alphabets with plain dosa batter using sauce bottle.This is very useful for preschool children. You can try differently according to your ideas.    I felt my trial is success. You can serve moong dal dosa (pesarattu) and upma like this. I hope you like it too… Happy cooking…..



Ingredients:
Urad dal – 1 cup  
Par- boiled rice – 2 ½ cups  
Fenugreek seeds – 2 tbsp  
Potatoes – 4
Onions – 2
Tomato – 1
Green chilly – 1
Garlic – ginger paste – 2 tsp
Garam masala powder – 2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Jeera – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil – 2 tbsp
Coriander leaves – few
Curry leaves - few

Method for Masala curry:
  1. Pressure cook the potatoes in water for 3 whistles. Let it cool them.
  2. Mash the potatoes into fine paste and add salt and mix well.
  3. Heat some oil in a pan. Pop the mustard seeds, jeera, curry leaves and green chilli.
  4. Add ginger- garlic paste sauté for a minute and add chopped onions sauté until it turns into soft.
  5. Add chopped tomatoes sauté until it cooks well.
  6. Add turmeric powder and garam masala powder sauté for a minute.
  7. Add mashed potatoes and mix well.
  8. Add some water and mix properly. Cover and cook until it gets good smell.
  9. Finally add coriander leaves and salt according to taste.

Method for plain dosa:
  1. Soak rice, dal and fenugreek seeds for 6 hours.
  2. First grind rice then add dal to rice batter to make fine thin batter by adding little water.
  3. Add salt to it and leave it covered for 12 hours for fermentation.
  4. Now heat a non stick tawa and spread 1 tbsp of the batter on the whole of the pan.
  5. Grease all the corners and then cook it on the other side also.
  6. Put little water on the tawa and wipe it with a clean cloth before making each dosa.
  7. Here I use gujiya mould to make stuffed masala dosa.
  8. Dosa should be soft only.
  9. Put dosa on mould and fill masala and close it and take it out carefully.
  10. Please follow my pictures. 
  11. Now very tasty stuffed masala dosa is ready to eat with sambar or chutney.
Method for alphabets dosa:
 
                       First time I made dosa alphabets with spoon.
I couldn't get it ,then I got an idea to use sauce bottle. Sauce bottle is very easy to use. Pour the batter in sauce bottle and squeeze slowly on pan in different shapes. kids are very enjoying eating this type of food. you can try different shapes, designs .Even kids can do this easily. I hope you like it too......

No comments:

Post a Comment