This is my own recipe. This is very interesting and different snack recipe. I used rice ravva for cups and green gram sprouts for filling. This is very healthy and tasty. Kids are very interesting to eat. My husband likes it very much. I make this frequently. You can change filling according to your tasty but sprouts are very healthy food for everyone so I am using this. Just I am giving an idea to make cups but you change shape of the cup according to your available things. I hope you like it too.....Enjoy Cooking.....
For making cups
Rice Ravva - 1 cup(Raw rice washed , dried completely and ground to coarse powder similar to sooji )
Water - 1 cup
Cumin seeds - 1tsp
Salt to taste
Boiled green gram Sprouts - 1/2 cup
Jeera - 1 tsp
Chopped Onions - 1/4cup
Green Chilli slices - 1 tsp
Dhania - Jeera powder - 1/2 tsp
Chat masala powder - 1/2 tsp
Dry ginger powder -1/2 tsp
Lime Juice - 1 tsp
Oil - 2tsp
Coriander leaves - few
Salt to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Heat about 2 tsps of oil in a nonstick pan and add cumin seeds. After Cumin seeds splutter
Add 1 cup of water (1: 1; Rava: water ratio) in the pan and bring it to boil.
- After the water starts boiling add salt and slowly add rava. Stir continuously without stopping to make sure that lumps are not formed.
- Cook on medim heat until the mixture comes together and looks like upma. Consistency should be neither too wet nor too dry.
- Let this mixture cool down or till it is easy to handle.
- Then make lemon size balls of the cooled mixture.
- Grease the plastic cup with oil here I used empty butter cup but you can use any cup.
- Take each ball and put in plastic cup and press it with fingers to make cup shape and demould the cup care fully. Keep all cups aside.
- Please follow my pictures.
- Heat little oil in dosa pan and place all cups on pan carefully and fry them both sides carefully and keep it aside.
- For filling heat oil in pan add jeera, green chilli and onions and saute until it turns into soft.
- Add dhania - jeera powder and Chat masala powder and mix well.
- Add boiled sprouts and salt and saute for a minute.
- Add coriander leaves and saute for while and remove from heat and add lime juice and mix well.
- Now filling is ready to fill.
- Take each fried cup and fill it with sprouts mixture and sprinkle little chat masala powder on top.
- Now yummy and healthy rice ravva cups are ready to eat.