Palak Peas Green Gravy is a truly nutritious and simple to make, yet delicious. This is a nice combination for Roti, Nan and Paratha's. I had tried combination of spinach and Green peas to create a new taste and it turned out so good. My husband liked this combination. I hope you like it too...........
Spinach (Palak) - 2 bunches
Green peas - 1 cup
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Fennel seeds - 1tsp
Green chillies (chopped) - 2 tbsp
Ginger Garlic paste
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder - 2 tsp
Coriander leaves - half a cup
Oil - 1tbsp
Salt - to taste
Method of preparation:
- Wash Spinach(palak) leaves nicely and keep them aside. Take a frying pan, add water, palak leaves and salt and cook for about five minutes. Once the palak is cooked, allow heat to settle down and make a thick paste of palak.
- Now take a pan, add oil and heat it up. Once it heats up, add cumin seeds, fennel seeds and green chilli and Saute it for a while.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute it well.
- Add green peas and close the lid and cook it for a 2 minutes.
- After gently sauteing the green peas, add garam masala powder and turmeric powder and saute it for two minutes. Thereafter add palak paste, salt and cook for about five minutes.
- Finally add coriander leaves and mix it well and transfer into a bowl and serve it with rotis.
- Now yummy and healthy palak and peas green gravy is ready to eat with rotis.