Today I am giving to you a fantastic and delicious recipe is amla and beet patties. Beetroot helps in reducing blood pressure, bad cholesterol and is low in calories. Apart from that it is also a very good source of vitamin C, iron, magnesium and dietary fiber. Definitely kids love to eat these lovely and soft patties.This recipe is ideal for kids who don't like to eat beet root curry. My housband is fond of beet patties. I saw this recipe in food magazine.These beet patties pair well with bread or burger or indian pav. You can use grated raw mango instead of amla. I hope you like it too............Happy cooking..............
Beet root - 2
Potato - 1
Grated amla - 1 tbsp
Jeera - 1 tsp
Green chilli, finely chopped - 2
Onions, finely chopped - 2
Ginger, finely chopped - 2 tsp
Pav bhaji masala - 2 tsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Method of preparation:
- In a pressure cooker, boil both the beetroot and potatoes together with some salt for 4-5 whistles and found out that whilst the potatoes were cooked, the beetroot were half cooked, but no issues with the beetroot being half or partially cooked.
- Grate the beetroot in a bowl and mash the potato in the same bowl.
- Add grated raw amla and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan, add jeera, green chilli, ginger slices and onions and saute them for 2 minutes and switch off the flame. Add this mixture to the beet root mixture and mix properly.
- Finally add pav bhaji masala and salt and mix well. For better texture refrigerate this mixture for 1 hr. You can make them immediately also.
- Divide this beetroot mixture into equal size balls and flatten them a little to give them the patties shape.
- In a pan, add oil and fry the patties till they are crisp and lightly browned.
- Beet patties are ready to eat with mint chutney or yogurt.