Today my summer special recipe is watermelon salad.This is a ideal salad in evening or between breakfast and lunch in summer. When summer rolls around everyone loves to get their hands on the crunchy pink stuff watermelon. Every one like to eat watermelon as it is but to give different taste we add some spices to watermelon so we get tasty salad to eat. We should eat watermelon daily to avoid dehydration in summer. I hope you like it too.........
I am giving some nutritional values about watermelon(from Google)
Watermelon Nutrition Facts:
- Watermelon nutrition facts show us that one wedge has 86 calories, less than 1 gram of fat, no cholesterol and less than 1% of your daily value of sodium.
- But watermelon does provide you with 22 grams of carbs, 2 grams of protein and 5% of your daily value of fiber, a healthy recipe for fat burning and weight loss. With 18 grams of sugar, watermelon is a great way to curb a sugar craving.
- Watermelon nutrition facts reveal this fruit as a jack of all trades; providing healthy amounts of virtually all essential vitamins and minerals. Vitamin B6, pantothenic acid and thiamin are also provided in significant amounts.
- Aside from sodium, one wedge of watermelon can give you at least 2% of your daily value of all minerals. Potassium, magnesium and manganese are provided in the highest amounts, with other minerals in much smaller amounts.
- Rich in electrolytes and water content, melons are nature’s gift to beat tropical summer thirst.
- Watermelons are very low in calories (just 30 cal per 100 g) and fats yet very rich source of numerous health promoting phyto-nutrients and anti-oxidants that are essential for optimum health.
- Watermelon is an excellent source of Vitamin-A, which is a powerful natural anti-oxidant. It is essential for vision and immunity. Vitamin-A is also required for maintaining healthy mucus membranes and skin. Consumption of natural fruits rich in vitamin-A is known to protect from lung and oral cavity cancers.
- Watermelon fruit is a good source of potassium; Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that helps controlling heart rate and blood pressure; thus offers protection against stroke and coronary heart diseases.
Watermelon, cut into small cubes - 1 cup
Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
Chat masala powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1 pinch
lemon juice - 1/2 tsp
Honey - 1 tsp
Method of preparation:
Method of preparation:
- Keep the watermelon cubes into refrigerator for sometime.
- Before serving add pepper powder, salt, chat masala, honey and lemon juice and mix properly.
- Now yummy and tasty watermelon salad is ready to eat.