Today my recipe is Sprouted Green Gram Paratha. We make varieties of parathas with different vegetables but Sprouted Green Gram Paratha is different and healthy recipe. I am giving some nutritional values about Sprouts from Google. Sprouts provide many things our body needs for us to live a healthy life. They are an excellent source of protein which helps our bodies repair itself as well as regulates many of our bodily functions (balancing of water, delivering nutrients, etc.) sprouts also provide a huge dose of vitamin C, helping our immune systems fight off colds and diseases. Sprouts continue producing vitamins up until the moment you consume them. Even in your refrigerator, they will keep growing and producing vitamins. Eating these instead of store-bought fruits and vegetables ensures that your body will enjoy the maximum amount of vitamin content.
It is better to make this recipe weekly once. I hope you try it and enjoy cooking.....
How to make Sprouts:
- Soak green gram in water overnight or at least 7-8 hours.
- After 7 or 8 hours , drain all the water. Then just wipe of with a dry cloth to absorb all the moisture.
- Now wrap the green gram in a muslin cloth or any cotton cloth tie and hang it. Leave it for 6 hours
- After 6 hours , when you open you can see the sprouts grown.If not leave it for 1 more hour.
- If you leave it for more hours after soaking, the sprouts will grow longer which will be harder to chew, so just 6 hours is just enough.
Green Gram Sprouts- 1 cup
Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Dhania - jeera Powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves - few
Oil - 2 tsp
Salt to taste
For the Dough
Wheat Flour - 2 cups
Salt - 1 tsp
Oil - 1 tsp
Method of preparation:
- Combine wheat flour,salt and oil in a bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough, using enough water and cover with cloth and keep it aside for sometime.
- Pressure cook the sprouted green grams in water for 2 whistles. Drain the water in sprouts and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in pan, add boiled sprouts and saute for 1 minute.
- Add red chilli powder, Dhania jeera powder and salt and mix well.
- Add few coriander leaves and saute for 2 minutes.
- Now filling is ready to make parathas.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a circle.
- Place a portion of the stuffing(green gram sprouts) at the center and bring the edges together at the center to seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle, using little flour for rolling.
- Heat a tava and cook each paratha, using little oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat the same steps to make for all parathas.
- Serve hot with any gravy curry.