Today my recipe is bread paratha.One day I got an idea to do something with left over bread, I tried stuffed bread paratha. It was really very good to taste. In this I used whole wheat bread and some spicy ingredients. Don't use white bread. We can eat as it is without curry or chutney and also very useful for journey food. It can be stored for 2 days. It is very suitable for breakfast or dinner. It is a combination of proteins,carbohydrates and some vitamins so it is very healthy food. I am giving some nutritional information about whole wheat bread.........
Whole wheat bread is healthier because of the fiber that it contains. Fiber is necessary for a healthy digestive system. It also absorbs some of the cholesterol and fat so that your body doesn't retain them.
2. You feel "full" faster with wheat bread. You will be more satisfied with an open-faced sandwich made with whole wheat than a two-slice sandwich of white. This can really help you with weight loss goals.
3. Studies have shown that there's an increased risk of children developing diabetes if they eat refined flour for a prolonged period of time. Whole grains are absorbed into the body more slowly. This keeps blood sugar from fluctuating and prevents body insulin from becoming too high or too low.
4. Whole grains contain more antioxidants than other grain products. We've all heard of the benefits of antioxidants for the prevention of cancer.
5. Whole grain breads contain more protein so you feel more energized and you have more stamina for longer periods of time.
The difference between the two types of bread is how it is processed. Flour is processed from wheat berries. The wheat berry is comprised of bran, wheat germ and endosperm. While whole wheat bread uses all of these components, white bread only uses the endosperm...and that is bleached. The bleaching process leaches even more nutrition from the bread.
In other words, white bread is stripped of most of its nutrients by removing the wheat germ. The wheat germ contains the majority of the fiber and nutrients.
Be sure to read the label before purchasing a loaf of bread. And, you have to read it carefully to be sure of what you're buying. Just because it says "wheat flour" or "enriched wheat flour" doesn't mean that it is whole wheat. Many of these are just white bread with a little bit of whole wheat added. The nutrition label should say "whole wheat" as one of the first listed ingredients.
I hope u like it too....happy cooking....
Wheat flour - 1 cup
Water- as required
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Whole wheat bread slices - 2
Chopped onions -1
Green chilli ,cut into small pieces - 1/2 tsp
Jeera - 1/2 tsp
Fennel seeds -1/2 tsp
Sesame seeds - 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1/4 tsp
Ginger-garlic paste - 1 tsp
Dhania-jeera powder - 1/2 tsp
Chopped coriander - 1 tbsp
Roasted chick peas powder - 1 tbsp
Lemon juice -1/2 tsp
Cooking oil - 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Method of preparation:
- Combine wheat flour and salt in a bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough, using enough water and cover with cloth and keep it aside for sometime.
- First cut the bread slice into small pieces and crush them until desired coarse powder.
- Take a bowl,add bread crumbs and above mentioned all ingredients one by one and mix thoroughly and keep it aside.stuffing is ready to make parathas.
- Now take paratha dough and roll out a portion of the dough into a circle.
- Place a portion of the stuffing(bread mixture) at the center and bring the edges together at the center to seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle carefully with little pressure,using little flour for rolling.
- Heat a tava and cook each paratha, using little oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat the same steps to make for all parathas.
- Now yummy and healthy bread parathas are ready to eat with any curry or fresh curd.