Finger Millet (Ragi) – 2 cups
Urad Dal or Split Black Gram – 1 cup
Fenugreek Seeds – 2 tbsp
Salt – as per taste
- Soak urad dal for1 hour and finger millet for 6 hours in water.
- Wet grind finger millet (Ragi) and urad dal separately; grind urad dal smooth and fluffy; mix both batter, add salt, mix again and keep it for fermentation for 6 to 8 hours.
- Like normal dosa batter, it ferments and rises well; we can see the small particles of ragi skin in the batter.
- Now the batter is ready for making Dosa.
- For dosa spread the batter in circle on dosa pan and dribble oil and roast it both sides.
- Serve the Dosa with chutney or sambar.