Nutrient value of 100 grams of Finger Millet
Carbohydrate - 72.6
Protein - 7.7
Fiber - 3.6
Fat - 1.3
Calcium - 350 mg
Iron - 3.9 mg
Niacin - 1.1 mg
Thiamin - 0.42 mg
Riboflavin - 0.19 mg
- Because of its amazing health benefits, Pediatricians recommend Ragi food for infants till the age of 6 in many parts of India. It is also gluten free food.
- Ragi is rich in minerals like thiamine, calcium and iron.
- Ragi is also rich in carbohydrates, and low in fat, and hence helps in reducing obesity.
- Ragi is a boon for people suffering from diabetes.
- Ragi is a good laxative for people suffering from constipation.
- Ragi can be used as a substitute for people allergic to milk.
- Ragi is good for obese people because its digestion is slow and glucose is released very slowly into the blood.
- Eating roasted green ragi is a tonic for the people suffering from high blood pressure, liver diseases, heart weakness, asthma and lack of milk production in lactating women.
- Regular use of ragi protects from malnutrition, degenerative diseases and premature aging.