Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Instant Dhokla

This is a Gujarati dish. I like to know various traditional dishes so I am watching  cookery shows on different channels off and on. But I don’t follow every recipe.I prefer low calorie food only. Dhokla recipe is very healthy tasty and easy to make. When I am boring to prepare food, simply I prefer to make dhokla. My husband also likes it very much. In this recipe ingredients are very simple and very healthy cooking style is steam cooking. I like steam cooking. I am always making experiments on steam cooking. I am giving to you more recipes on steam cooking in future.

Ingredients:
Gram flour (besan) - 1 1/2 cup
Semolina (suji) - 2 tsp
Eno powder - 2 tsp
Sugar - 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice – 2 tsp
Green chilly - 2
Green chilly paste – 1 tsp
Ginger paste -1 tsp
Curry leaves – 8-10
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Coriander leaves (chopped) – 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Water – 1 cup
Oil – 1 tbsp


Method of preparation
  1. Mix gram flour, semolina,salt and 1 cup water. Add ginger, green chilly paste and mix well.
  2. Grease a container.
  3. Heat water in a pressure cooker and place sieve on it.
  4. Now add Eno powder.
  5. Immediately pour this mixture in the greased container.
  6. Place it on seive and cover the cooker.
  7. Remove the whistle of the cooker.
  8. Let it cook at high flame for 15 minutes.
  9. Then take out the dhoklas out of the container and cut into pieces once it is cooled.
  10. Heat oil in a pan and crackle mustard seeds. Then put curry leaves.
  11. Finely chop green chilies.
  12. Pour this on dhoklas.
  13. Put 2 cup water, sugar and lemon juice in a container and put all dhoklas in it.
  14. After 5 minutes take out extra water.
  15. Garnish with finely chopped Coriander leaves.
  16. Serve with some chutney.

No comments:

Post a Comment