Ragi flour -2 cups
Urad dal - 1 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Method of preparation:
- Soak urad dal in water for 3 hours.
- Grind the soaked urad dal in wet grinder by adding water to make dropping consistency like normal idly batter.
- Add ragi flour to urad dal batter and mix well. Add salt to batter mix properly.
- Now batter is ready to make idly. we can use this batter instantly or ferment the batter for 2 hours.
- Pour the batter on idly trays and steam it for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Ragi idly is ready to eat with coconut or ginger chutney or Sambar.
- Before serving, dribble spoon of ghee on idly to get yummy taste.
- It is good option for breakfast for every one.
- One day before we can prepare the batter and store in fridge also.
- It contains rich iron and fiber source.